This page has moved to a new address.

Little Bit's Nursery...one of the few finished rooms in our house!

----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Rounders Date: 27 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Monday, March 14, 2011

Little Bit's Nursery...one of the few finished rooms in our house!

So, pretty much Little Bit is about to have his name revealed when I show you pictures from his nursery.  I figured that it's high time I show you a picture of something in my house that is actually finished.

EXACTLY how I want it to be....

I go into this room and feel happy, calm, inspired, loved....it's just a good good room.  And it's my most favorite nursery that I've ever designed.  One day though I really hope I have a girl because I have the best idea for a girly nursery ever....I'm not telling that though because for now it's this super fun dream just swirling around in my head.  So cross your fingers that the next time we have a baby (no idea when that is...just sayin') it'll be a girl...just so I can do this fun project.  But...shocker...I digress.

So...here it is.  My favorite room in our house.  Little Bit (ahem...Hudson's) nursery.  Hope you enjoy!



My very talented sister painted that most gorgeous tree on the wall as a gift. I wanted it to look painterly and soft... like something Beatrix Potter might have done.  I do have little bunnies in this room, and while I take some inspiration from a theme sometimes, I will NEVER go all out with one.  I think there should be hints of ideas around, not look like a particular idea vomited all over a room and took it over.



Oh, and because I'm sure you all want to know what the paint color is...it's Sherwin Williams North Star.  (Which you might like to know looks very gray on the swatch...it does in fact translate on the wall to the most perfect soft blue.)


The reverse side of this bumper pad is like that blue tattersall stripe that you see on the monogrammed panel, except that it's green.  I wish I could take credit for all the amazing sewing work done here, but alas, I cannot.  My dear dear friend Mary is an amazing seamstress and she did all this fabulous stitchery!  I designed what I wanted and she executed it.  In fact, she's very very talented and just came up with all these fun pillows and the awesome trim on the window treatments and that bolster pillow (she folded the fabric over and cut it in 1/2 inch sections...leaving it a little stringy and frayed which I just LOVE for trim in a boy's room!)

This little harlequin chest was one The Hubs and I found on a weekend away a few months before Hudson was born.  I LOVE it and will always always find somewhere fabulous to put it!  I think it adds just the right amount of drama to what could suddenly become an otherwise super soft looking room. (Not that there's anything wrong with super soft, I just like to add a little flair somewhere in every room!)

There's a different lamp in the room now...but I can't take a picture just this minute because Hudson is napping and I'm surrounded by mounds of laundry that I let get away from me lately.  I should really follow my own advice about laundry!

This darling little chandelier below was $70.  I bought the shades for just $3 each and painted stripes on them and hot glued the trim on.  I love it!










I should also add that there are in fact books on the shelves of that great primitive bookshelf that I found while antiquing.  And the chair and ottoman are actually covered in that fabric...I took these awhile back.  One of my favorite things in the room are the antique french shutters that are on the outsides of the windows.  The hubs gave them to me for my birthday and again...they're another thing I'll always find something fabulous to do with them!

Below you can see the changing table which was actually my childhood dresser .  It was sort of a honey oak color that I didn't love, so when Tid Bit (my other son who's 4) came along, we stripped it and stained it with Minwax Walnut stain. Then the Hubs built a box to hold the changing pad to keep it from slipping around with a wriggly baby! (there is a panel along the backside that's screwed into the back of the dresser)  So this piece, the corner green shelf you can see, the crib, and the rocker (recovered) were all used in Tid Bit's nursery.  I'll show you pictures of that one another time.






This birdcage was something I'd used as a centerpiece from some baby showers I helped throw.  I wired the little birds into it to look like they are perched and put moss in the bottom.  I just LOVE it hung in the corner here!

The picture frames actually have real pictures in them now as well...but I do appreciate that Hobby Lobby carried such cute frames!





















I bid on these prints on Ebay and got all four of them for $3.26!  Check out 99centprints.com for more great finds!  Then I waited til Hobby Lobby had openback ready-made frames on sale 50% off and had them all matted and framed.  So the grand total for all 4 pictures was a hair over $80.  I'm sure some of you amazing women out there could have done it for cheaper, but I'm still pleased with the result!

You can see the tree and shutter a little better here.  I specifically asked my sister to paint a few leaves extending onto the crown moulding so that it would feel more whimsical and less confined.  I love the effect!


And finally, a canvas that I painted for Hudson...I did one for Tid Bit when he was born, and I guess I'll reveal that when I show you his room sometime too! (Then you'll learn his name as well!)

One trick to when I painted this canvas...to get the lettering of the name done really clearly, I printed it like I wanted it to be on a piece of paper, taped it to the back of the canvas and traced it in front of a window so the light would shine through.  This way was much easier than freehanding the one for Tidbit which took forever!!!

Well, thanks for stopping by today!  Hope you enjoy the pictures of our nursery as much as I enjoyed creating and now being in it!

- Logan

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home